This is the first blooming of the flowering shrubs in our yard and I wanted to do something special to celebrate.
I went into the studio today, looked out the window, and tried to create a color palette matching the colors I see in the rhododendron and surrounding area. I used Jo Sonja Titanium White, Trans Magenta, Red Violet, Dioxazine Purple, Teal Green, Aqua and Yellow Green along with various mixes of the colors. The tube pigments, except for the white, are shown from left to right in the bottom row of the picture above.
I’m going to use those colors to paint some placemats and a placemat box.
Looking forward to starting the project this week. And I’ll keep you posted.
Oh, and here’s a picture of a close up of the rhodo flowers.